San Marcos, CaliforniaInternal Medicine General (Outpatient) - San Diego
San Diego, CaliforniaPsychiatrist Adult - San Diego
San Diego, CaliforniaUrgent Care - San Diego
San Diego, CaliforniaDermatologist - South Bay
Established in 1953, the Southern California Permanente Medical Group now comprises more than 8,000 physicians who provide world-class health care to 4.9 million Kaiser Permanente members throughout Southern California. Throughout Los Angeles, Kern, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, and Ventura Counties, our physicians and care teams deliver high-quality primary and specialty care to the region's diverse communities at 16 hospitals and 197 medical offices as well as in our patients' homes.
Awards and accolades
Southern California Permanente Medical Group earns recognition for its high quality of medicine and world-class care every year. Together with our colleagues, we are recognized as one of America's leading medical groups and not-for-profit health plans and hospitals. Learn more about our awards and accolades here. Highlights include:
- Recognized for excellence: All of our hospitals are recognized as high performing in one or more types of care by U.S. News & World Report in 2022–23.
- 5-star health care: For 15 years running, we have received a 5-star rating for overall quality of medical care from the State of California's Office of the Patient Advocate, a state agency that publishes report cards on health care quality.
- 5-star Medicare care: We earned 5 out of 5 stars, the highest rating possible, in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services annual Medicare Star Quality Ratings for 2023 — a reflection of our commitment to care delivery and outstanding care experience.
- Highest rated for Medi-Cal care: In 2023, our Medi-Cal (Medicaid) health plans are the best rated in the state, according to a report by the Department of Health Care Services. We achieved quality levels for more than 90% of the established measures.
- Gold level: Joy in Medicine: Encouraging physician well-being and reducing burnout is of utmost importance to Southern California Permanente Medical Group. We're proud to be recognized by the American Medical Association as being 1 of 5 medical organizations to earn the top recognition on this front.
Supporting the success of our physicians makes work and life all the more rewarding.
Working with a community who truly appreciates your expertise is just one of the rewards of practicing with Southern California Permanente Medical Group. We also offer a benefits package that's among the most generous in the industry. From competitive compensation and a comprehensive health care plan to full liability coverage, savings and retirement plans, paid time off and more, we make sure you have everything you need to enjoy a rich, rewarding career with us.
Health care benefits
- High deductible health plan
- Supplemental medical
- Alternate mental health
- Special dependent coverage
- Life insurance
- Professional liability coverage
- Relocation package
- Student loan refinancing program
Savings and retirement plans
- Common plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Keogh plan
- Financial planning tools
Compensated time-off benefits
- Vacation and holidays
- Educational leave
- Leave of absences
The 6 pillars that support our philosophy:
- Physician led: We are a physician-led organization; our locally-based physician leaders make all decisions that influence the long-term strategic direction of the medical group and the day-to-day practice of medicine.
- Patient centered: Our entire medical group is patient-centered. Everything we do — from the way we are structured to the way we provide care — is based on the best interest of the patient.
- Evidence based: We use evidence-based medicine — with a focus on prevention and wellness — as an objective measure to inform improved health care quality and avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Team delivered: We believe in the power of team-delivered care because connecting providers is the best way to get a complete picture of a patient's needs. And our collaborative culture allows physicians to make meaningful connections that contribute to their own personal and professional growth.
- Technology enabled: Our technology-enabled organization allows our physicians to interact with patients in new ways, and ensures we are always at the forefront of care technology. What's more, we practice medicine within the coordinated, integrated care delivery system that is Kaiser Permanente — a model that is the absolute gold standard of care.
- Culturally responsive: We are closing care gaps for traditionally underserved populations through culturally-responsive care for our communities, made possible through a comprehensive strategy to increase diversity and encourage inclusivity within our population.
Equity, inclusion, and diversity
We at Southern California Permanente Medical Group believe that everyone deserves good health — and anyone who seeks to heal others deserves the opportunity. That's why our physicians, clinicians, and staff embrace many professed identities, represent many cultures and traditions, and come from all walks of life.
Our work to create a diverse medical group is deliberate: The members of Kaiser Permanente in Southern California literally comprise a melting pot of preferences, beliefs, and 260 ethnicities from across the globe — and we work hard to provide culturally responsive care to each one.
Why? Because patients want and need to be heard by those who understand their medical needs and respect their backgrounds. We know that establishing a patient's trust in their physician improves outcomes as well as satisfaction.
To continue developing that trust, we actively recruit bicultural and bilingual physicians and medical staff, and offer training to ensure we deliver care that is respectful and culturally responsive. To ensure we develop trust into the future, we offer scholarships to medical students who demonstrate a devotion to advancing culturally responsive care, as well as sponsor mentorship programs to motivate underrepresented students interested in medical careers.
In 2022, we were recognized as:
- An LGTBQ+ equality leader for 12 consecutive years
- A best place to work for disability inclusion for 6 consecutive years
- A Top 50 company for diversity for 5 consecutive years
Our focus on equity, inclusion, and diversity goes beyond the workplace — we strive to ensure all our patients get the care they need to be healthy and happy. For example, we've established care clinics that specifically address the needs of our Latino, Chinese, Black, Armenian, Vietnamese, and LGBTQ+ communities. We try to match patients with physicians who are fluent in the languages they speak, and we also provide real-time translation services to patients as needed.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion is more than about ensuring fair workplaces and fair access to health care. It's about creating a world in which every person, regardless of background, is given an opportunity to succeed and flourish with dignity and respect. We actively identify and tackle care gaps in underserved or underrepresented populations. Through research and analysis, we work to improve the health of our diverse communities. Health care must play a principal role to create an equitable world — and we wholeheartedly embrace that role at Southern California Permanente Medical Group.
Welcome to Southern California
Kaiser Permanente has medical facilities throughout Southern California, including 16 hospitals, 197 medical offices, and a comprehensive network of health care professionals dedicated to providing high-quality care and services to our patients.
With more than 8,000 physicians providing care for the region's 4.9 million Kaiser Permanente members, the Southern California Permanente Medical Group is one of the largest medical groups in the United States.
Known for its year-round sunshine, surf culture, and the glitz and glamour of Hollywood, Southern California has long been on the map as a desirable destination for people from across the world. Our physicians and staff enjoy all that this culturally and geographically diverse region has to offer — from rugged mountains to the Pacific Ocean, from city nights to desert sunsets — and so much more.
Learn more about living in Southern California and explore our locations below.