Administrative Assistant, Weight Management Center
ChristianaCare Health System
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: JR58915
- Responsible for maintaining routine administrative functions under Metabolic Heath Services - Endocrinology and Weight Management Services.
- Provides administrative support for the Living with Diabetes (LWD) and weight management/bariatric surgery program including but not limited to class registration, scheduling and follow up.
- Provides coverage for other office assistants when requested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates patient flow activities related to the front office including but not limited to schedule appointments within the scope of care management; codes and enters information into the Practice Management System; ensures patient information is current and correct; confirms appointments and sends reminders for program requirements.
- Schedules patients and completes the care management registration process.
- Verifies that the medical record is complete including lab results, radiology reports, consults and correspondence prior to patient appointment.
- Answers calls and routes to the appropriate person while practicing professional telephone etiquette at all time or by taking a complete message.
- Generates an encounter form and routes encounter to appropriate staff member for patient flow.
- Secures referral information and initiates authorization process.
- Collects program fees for service according to program requirements.
- Documents payments for monthly revenue reporting as appropriate.
- Notifies physicians and clinicians of requests for consults, and emergency appointments. Follow up to insure that patient is seen in a timely manner.
- Prepares patient monthly report as assigned.
- Assures adequate coverage within the team due to staff shortage
- Collects appropriate clinical data to update EMR Centricity, Soarian, Power Chart & Chronicle Program as assigned.
- Performs scanning and indexing collected information as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/member and staff information; compliant with HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrates proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge base of appropriate departmental and hospital guidelines/policies.
- Attends staff meetings and mandatory inservice.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Travels between sites as needed.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Graduate
Medical receptionist or medical assistant degree preferred
3 years experience in a medical office setting preferred
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
ChristianaCare Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are ...positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.