Apply By Date: 01/06/2024 at 11:59pm; Interviews and recruiting process may occur at any time. This position will be considering applications as they apply, until filled.
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
• Valid California Registered Nurse License without restriction.
• Minimum of Three (3) years of recent RN experience.
• Experience in care coordination, individual and/or group education, and disease management across the Diabetes continuum.
• American Heart Association (AHA) BLS CPR Certification.
• Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES).
• Ambulatory Clinic experience.
• Experience with insulin products, dosing, and titration.
• Experience with Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) and Insulin Delivery Devices
• Experience assessing and managing diabetic patient needs in acute situations such as hypo/hyperglycemia and pump failure.
• Knowledge of Cardiometabolic Conditions.
• Mastery of Relational Competencies.
• Ability to provide nursing care and coordination for various Endocrinology disorders.
• Willingness to support other Medical Specialties within the department as needed.
• Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
• BSN, MSN preferred.
• Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience.
• This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks and drug screen.
• As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at: