Salary or Pay Range: $2,471.20 – $3,973.60 Bi-weekly
Apply By Date: November 16 at 11:59pm; Interviews and recruiting process may occur at any time
The Staff Research Associate 3 will provide technical, scientific, and organizational oversight in the day-to-day tissue processing, histology, and tissue distribution operations of Autism BrainNet (https://www.autismbrainnet.org/) at the UC Davis MIND Institute. The ideal candidate will have a strong education or background in histological processing of brain tissue, and effective interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills. They will have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting research studies in a Neuroscience-related discipline (e.g., undergraduate thesis) OR, a degree in Medical Histology with demonstrated evidence of facility with cryostats and other neuroscience histological strategies or equivalent experience/training
• Demonstrated experience in a histology laboratory
• Leadership/supervisory experience in a laboratory or medical field office
• Must have experience using cryostat for sectioning of brain tissue
• Must possess knowledge of histological principles and basic laboratory techniques
• Demonstrate experience or working knowledge with human or animal brain tissue
• Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to independently and effectively identify resources to solve problems
• Excellent organization skills, ability to focus and work with multiple interruption.
• Facility with computer programs, such as MS Word, Excel and Adobe Photoshop
• ASCP certified Histotechnician or Histotechnologist
• Master’s degree in Neuroscience or a closely associated field, OR demonstrated equivalent experience
• This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks and drug screen.
• As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at: