Ohio-based Akron Children's Hospital seeks a Pediatric Ophthalmologist to join its expanding Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Vision Center. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
* Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
* More than 800 providers who manage over 1.1 million patient visits annually
* A network of more than 50 primary and specialty care locations
* An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 6 Pediatric Ophthalmologists and 4 Optometrists who manage over 23,000 outpatient visits, 1,000 operations, 1,000 NICU and emergency room consults per year at 8 locations throughout Northeast Ohio. Our team provides comprehensive, compassionate vision care to children and adults with strabismus whose needs range from general eye exams to treatment of the most complex childhood eye diseases and disorders. In addition, the Vision Center is in a new office that features state-of-the-art technology and conducts cutting-edge research.
This position offers opportunities for:
* Partnership with an established team of providers affording exceptional work-life balance
* Active involvement in undergraduate, graduate, resident and fellowship education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
* Research and innovation available through the Vision Science Center, Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute, and area universities
* An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include board eligibility/certification in Ophthalmology, fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: