The Outsourced Medical Services Manager (OMSM) is accountable for the operational, human resource, quality, and financial management of outsourced medical services. This manager works with leadership to translate system strategic plans and policies into a plan suitable to the unique operational needs of Harris Health System. The OMSM leads implementation and evaluation of the plan and provides reports relevant to achievement of goals. The OMSM is accountable for assuring outsourced medical services are provided with adherence to system policies and procedures. The OMSM provides oversight to ensure coordination of care, quality management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements are congruent with executed contracts and the Harris Health Schedule of Benefits as appropriate. The OMSM has the authority to make operational and human resource decisions relevant to his or her in collaboration with the director as long as decisions are consistent with system and departmental policies, standards, and other Executive Leadership approved guidelines.
The OMSM is responsible for creating and maintaining an environment that cultivates exemplary patient care. As a member of the clinical leadership team, the OMSM establishes a setting that supports professional nursing practice and empowers staff to provide safe, effective, compassionate, and efficient coordination of outsourced medical services in collaboration with all health care disciplines. The OMSM ensures compliance with standards established by professional organizations; national, state, and local regulatory agencies; and institutional policies and procedures. The OMSM is accountable for clinical practice that upholds high standards of integrity and ethical behavior. The OMSM mentors others, role models professionalism, and participation in activities such as professional organizations, clinical research, and community.
1. Education/Licensure/Specialized Training: a. Education: I. Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field required. Master's degree in Nursing or related field is preferred. Holds at least one (1) of the following in Nursing: Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree.
b. Licensure/Certification: I. Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas; ii. Applicable professional certification in administration or clinical specialty is to be completed within two (2) years, if not held at the time of appointment.
2. Work Experience: Three (3) years of work experience in related clinical area of practice.
3. Management/Experience: One (1) year related management/leadership experience is required.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Medical Terms, PC, Research, Statistical, Word Proc
3. Advanced Education: Advance Training Specialty: Certification in admin. or clinical specialty within two years of employment Bachelor?s Degree Major: Nursing or related field Master?s Degree (preferred) Major: Nursing or related field
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.