DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Reporting to executive HR leadership, this role uses independent judgment to implement HR initiatives and services for assigned business units and areas. Applies comprehensive HR knowledge, skills and experiences to resolve short and long-term operational challenges. Assesses measurable outcomes of HR services and projects and develops enhancement strategies for the future tactical and strategic implementation. Consults with senior executive leadership team to identify, plan, and implement HR solutions. Functions as coach/mentor for system Human Resources Business Consultants in content areas. Applies extensive knowledge of human resources performance practices, policies, procedures, and services to support Detroit Medical Center objectives. Ensures that the human resources needs of internal and external customers are met. Enables internal customers to effectively connect people and business strategies. Models customer service and continuous learning to management team.
Anticipates opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of HR services delivery.
1. Develops positive relationships and partnerships with customers and peers
2. Generates innovative ideas and applies change best practices to ensure desired impact of key initiatives.
3. Creates a team environment in which information flows freely and decision-making is based on a win-win philosophy.
4.Constantly focuses on the continuous improvement of services and processes.
5. Responds to customers needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
6. Demonstrates the ability to determine key needs, diagnose and address problems and monitor progress with important initiatives and activities.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest ethical and professional behavior.
8. Applies accepted research/analysis methodologies in order to gather information, compile data results, interpret data and analyze trends. Utilizes intermediate statistical, mathematical and computer skills in analysis and reporting of data to management or interested parties.
9. Develops, obtains, and/or administers training programs to educate administration, managers, staff and peers on policies, processes, and procedures.
10. Coordinates, implements and administers policies and programs encompassing aspects of HR to include compensation, employee relations, benefits and training.
11. Consults, advises and recommends methods, processes and actions to employees, management and administration concerning employee relations matters.
12. Works closely with Compensation staff in reviewing special compensation requests, including job evaluations, job descriptions and other elements related to job structure.
13. Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands
14.Proactively seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own and others performance and learning.
15. Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of customer organizations
16. Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of DMC. Leadership/Consultant
Competencies: Visionary Leadership-Strategic perspective used to guide daily operation.
1. Focuses on strategies and mission of the hospital and educates staff on strategic planning cycle.
2. Incorporates current and future best practices in healthcare into daily operating practice. 3. Identifies, plans, and executes needed change within areas of responsibility. Customer-Focused Leadership-
4. Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
5. Role models the customer service standards (Respect, Courtesy, Ownership, privacy, Professionalism, Responsiveness).
6. Conveys appropriate messages to diverse audiences, customers, and staff in a timely and effective manner.
7. Incorporates effective communication methods (listening, empathizing and paraphrasing).
8. Builds positive, collaborative relationships while seeking resolution to business challenges. Positive Work Environment-
9. Provides regular, timely and specific feedback on staff performance through established performance evaluation process.
10. Flexible, approachable, open to feedback from staff, peers and manager.
11.Assesses and leverages staff skill sets and potential to optimize individual and department productivity.
12. Provides appropriate strategies and resources for staff developmental growth. Self Development-
13. Maintains balance by learning growing, flexing, and adapting.
14. Uses effective coping skills to manage daily challenges and unplanned stresses Accountability-
15. Sets realistic objectives for staff, and monitors progress.
16. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through budget management process. Critical Thinking-
17. Uses data-driven problem solving approaches 18. Incorporates performance improvement tools (root cause analysis, plan do, check, act) and Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
1. Bachelors degree in Human Resources (or related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience as a HR Generalist or experiences in multiple disciplines of HR. Active certification as PHR, SPHR or GPHR preferred. Masters preferred in Human Resources or related field.
2. Five to seven years of progressively more responsible work experience in Human Resources and demonstrated knowledge in all areas of Human Resources including working with senior leadership and project management. Previous experience in Labor Relations is preferred.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.