At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those employees who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster five months after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the J&J vaccine.
The Integrated Genomics Operation (IGO) enables basic, clinical and translational research projects across the Cancer Center. IGO implements the MSK mission to cure cancer by providing a broad range of genomic services and expertise to our world-class research scientists. We are a high throughput core facility producing >100TB of data per year across >40 applications including "fourth generation" of genomics technologies such as single cell and spatial transcriptomics.
IGO is seeking an operations manager to provide leadership and management of the core facility. The Operations Manager leads five production teams (sample management, extraction, library prep/single cell, automation and sequencing). Under general oversight of the core director, the ops manager ensures the well-controlled production of next generation sequencing data, establishes and maintains LEAN processes from R&D to production, ensures maximum sustainability, optimal use of funds, space and other resources. This position interacts with clinical, translational and basic science researchers and leadership groups at MSKCC.
* A guided manager skilled at coordinating multiple teams and maximizing productivity
* Have a track record of strategizing and executing process improvements and ensuring best practices
* A quick learner and strong problem-solver who sees the forest and the trees and can quickly identify anomalies in workflows and uncover their source
* Adept at multitasking, planning, prioritizing and re-prioritizing work for multiple teams to meet goals and commitments in a dynamic environment
* A highly motivated person capable of building strong relationships within the lab and with internal and external collaborators and vendors
* Someone with a strong background of mentorship who is interested in the success of others and willing to evaluate performance and provide feedback as a manager
* An outstanding communicator and clear presenter, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
* A creative thinker who has strong budgeting skills and a skilled business mindset
* Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
* Experience in a genomics facility environment and experience with a large operation
* A passion for LEAN principles of management
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It's important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.