All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for Full and Part Time
Paid Days Off from Day One for Full and Part Time
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: This is a virtual call center position
The role you’ll contribute:
The Centralized Scheduling personnel are responsible for scheduling and pre-registration of patients obtaining service at Gordon Hospital. Personnel provide patients with information regarding living wills, advance directives, conditions of admission, patient rights, and financial responsibilities, while obtaining all necessary demographic, insurance, and other information or signatures necessary to complete the admitting/registration process. All activities are completed in compliance with the applicable state, federal, or regulatory guidelines.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Maintains a positive attitude and relationship with physician offices and associated departments to efficiently schedule patients for procedures.
· Verifies insurance policies and obtains benefits, such as copays, deductibles, co-insurances, out-of-pocket maximums and medical necessity.
· Obtains all authorizations and precertification numbers for required services prior to scheduled appointment.
· Exhibits exceptional customer service skills while scheduling and pre-registering patients for procedures.
· Informs patient of any instructions needed to follow for their appointment.
· Covers switchboard as needed, and is aware of procedures for codes and on-call personnel.
· Must be properly trained in Cerner to complete scheduling and pre-registration functions
· Knowledge of how to properly calculate percentages owed for patients and set financial arrangements with patients before procedure.
· Properly generates all needed paperwork for patients and registration department to complete the registration process, including, but not limited to, consents, HIPAA forms, Advance Directives, facesheets, orders.
· Ensures documents meet all applicable standards and policies, i.e., governmental, hospital, and departmental.
· Communicates with patients, family members and other staff to properly expedite process.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Knowledge and experience preferred:
Understanding of HIPAA privacy rules and ability to use discretion when discussing patient related information that is confidential in nature as needed to perform duties
Intermediate medical terminology
Bilingual – English/Spanish
· Knowledge/Education and Experience Required:
Customer Service skills.
· Operating a computer.
· Microsoft Office applications.
· Answering, directing, and making phone calls.
· Must have previous experience in customer service and/or clerical setting
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.