OB ED Nurse Midwife/Nurse Practitioner Days Contingent
DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205019699
DMC Hutzel Womenâ��s Hospital is nationally recognized for cutting-edge research in high-risk obstetrics, infertility, reproductive genetics, neonatology, maternal fetal medicine, midwifery, gynecology, urogynecology, menopause, permanent birth control and alternatives to hysterectomy. With a rich history of more than 150 years as Michiganâ��s first hospital for women, patients benefit from Hutzelâ��s commitment to research and education. Home to the Perinatology Research Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Hutzel is recognized as a leader in womenâ��s health by physicians and researchers across the country.
Reports to the Director of Nurse-Midwifery Services and is responsible for providing prenatal, intrapartal and postpartal, and well women gynecology care to nurse-midwifery patients attending clinics and labor and delivery staffed by Hutzel Hospital.
1. Performs nurse-midwifery duties on a regular 12 hours basis in the OB ED consulting with attending physician when necessary.
2. Assists the Director in planning, developing, coordinating, evaluating, and recommending revisions of the services provided through the nurse-midwifery department.
3. Delegate health care measures to other health professionals and workers which would be best handled by those others, i.e., staff nurses, residents/students, etc.
4. Functions as an interdisciplinary team member in planning a health care approach that best serves the needs of each family, i.e., physicians, social workers, dieticians, nursing, etc.
5. Consults with supervisor, physicians, or other nursing staff in the provision of maternity care.
6. May participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of educational programs for families, professional staff and community groups interested in family centered maternity care education program.
7. Plans the type of care and family planning concepts and needs best suited to meet the needs of each client and their family.
8. Participates in clinical research related to improvement of the quality of service offered to childbearing families.
9. Maintains a current knowledge of trends and issues concerning health care of women and infants (seminars/meetings/conferences).
10. Assist in promoting nurse-midwifery philosophy to staff, clients and community through publications, speaking engagements and/or representation on committee.
11. Participates in the education of medical/nursing, midwifery and other students regarding the normal process of labor and birth in the healthy child bearing family.
12. Functions in a colleague relationship with members of the nursing and OB/GYN department to promote nurse-midwifery and the provision of family centered maternity care.
1. Certification from the American College of Midwives.
2. Masters degree in Maternal Child Nursing, Public Health or other related field preferred.
3. Licensed Registered Nurse and Nurse Midwife in the State of Michigan.
4. One to two years of midwifery experience and/or progressive clinical experience with an emphasis in family centered care is high desired.
5. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with experience in Women"s health
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.