We are looking for a full-time Psychiatrist in anticipation for the opening of the Detox this summer. Under the direction of the Vice President of Medical Affairs, the Psychiatrist is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for the High Watch guests in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan and evaluation of patient status). Medical clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other health care team members.
Emphasize preventative care and disease management
Provide education for staff/clients on current Healthcare Related Infection risks with in the agency
Complete medical assessment on all new guests
Complete nutrition assessment on all new guests
Complete pain assessment on all new guests
Serve as a consultant to staff in reference to physical health questions or concerns that arise within the agency
Provide follow-up medical appointment reports for High Watch
Respond to all duties in a clinically appropriate and timely manner
Supervises all clinical and psychiatric staff
Graduate of an accredited Health Care Program
Current Advanced Health Care Practice Licensure
Current Health Care certification in a specialty area
Minimum of 2 years substance abuse addiction treatment. Two years’ experience in the Doctor/Practitioner role preferred.
High Watch Recovery Center has a rich history of being the first substance abuse community in the world founded on the 12 Step principles of Alcoholics Anonymous. We are honored to be part of the legacy of AA co-founder Bill W. His presence was instrumental in the founding of High Watch. Please read on to learn about the mission and values of High Watch Recovery.
The High Watch Mission
High Watch Recovery Center is dedicated to seeing the disease of addiction go into remission for each individual who passes through our door. The caring team at High Watch provides compassionate care to every patient. We integrate the latest breakthroughs in addiction medicine alongside the spiritual teachings of AA’s 12 Steps. Through these teachings and treatments, we offer patients the tools and foundation to live sober after leaving High Watch.
Our Core Set of Values
- Respect. We shall treat all with whom we work with dignity and respect maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
- Integrity. Each staff person will live by and demonstrate the values of honesty, open mindedness and fairness with respect for diversity.
- Compassion. We seek to help others through empathy, empowerment and u...nderstanding.
- Quality. We strive for measurable excellence in our quality of care.
- Teamwork. We shall rely upon and work with one another as a team to maximize performance.
- Fiscal Stewardship. We shall manage responsibly the resources of the Farm and commit ourselves to be good and faithful stewards of all donations.
- Education. We commit ourselves to sharing our knowledge to help others understand addiction and the best practices for treatment of addiction.