Patient Service Representative DMC Primary and Specialty Care
DMC Medical Group
Location: Charter Township of Commerce, Michigan
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2105034991
$4000 Sign on Bonus
Medical office position responsible for front office processes in the physician practice
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code
of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job
functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Greeting patients entering the physician practice.
5. Answering office phones, making appointments, confirming appointments and rescheduling when
6. Checks in patients and collects accurate patient demographics, enters data into electronic system and verifies insurance.
7. Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
8. Collects co-pays and posts charges.
9. Charge entry and patient balance processing.
10. Distributes information to patients regarding office policies, procedures, information about the practice,
11. Explain and enroll patients in the patient portal.
12. Additional responsibilities as needed.
Required: High school diploma/GED. Preferred: Completion of medical office assistant program
Required: Must have 1 to 2 years of experience working in a medical setting
Primary Location: Commerce, Michigan
Facility: DMC Medical Group
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.