Kaiser Permanente - Washington Permanente Medical Group
Location: Renton, Washington
Internal Number: DIREC002487
Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.
Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a Full Time 1.0 FTE Director, Population Health to join our WPMG HQ team in Renton, Washington
As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.
The Director of Population Health is responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction, and oversight in achieving WPMG's population management and other quality improvement initiatives. The Director will work in partnership with Medical Directors, physician champions as well as system-wide relationships within WPMG and KFHPWA (HP) to proactively build processes and measurement to ensure alignment and implementation of enterprise strategies and goals, with respect to patient populations ranging from standard population definitions to chronic diseases inclusive of all members. The Director will integrate enterprise efforts across various departments (Managed Care, Information Technology, Balanced Scorecard, Clinical Informatics, and Operations) to improve on WPMG's performance on patient's health outcomes and experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Partners with Medical Director for Population Health to design, develop and lead Population Health, Quality, and Value-Based Care initiatives, encompassing of HMO and PPO membership.
Partners with clinical leaders to develop appropriate care pathways of populations, utilizing latest technology solutions where appropriate.
Partner with WPMG and HP leaders in the strategic planning of anticipating market needs and develop innovative responses to address future needs.
Collaborates with other Operational and Administrative functional teams in the development and deployment of initiatives and tactics to improve the patient outcomes.
Develop and maintain oversight of population health specific databases and/or processes to collect and analyze data to support business planning, monitoring reports and performance improvement information needs.
Monitor health plan data and coordinate efforts to improve health plan tracked KPI's as it relates to Memorandum of Understanding.
Lead or attend governance committees or work groups as assigned.
Partner with other HP and other KP regions as appropriate to leverage shared solutions for outreach, safety net and other forms of population management and tracking
Lead a team of quality analysts and analytics developers, monitor day to day performance, prioritizing work and ensuring timelines are met.
Partner with WPMG informatics department to develop Epic solutions for managing populations
* Ability to engage in work, take immediate and independent action when needed.
* Ability to acknowledges mistakes and seeks help when needed.
* Ability to set own priorities and regularly completing work on schedule.
* Ability to anticipate problems, proactively addresses issues.
* Focuses on solutions rather than problems.
Teamwork and Collaboration
* Ability to model inclusive leadership qualities including self awareness, humility, and curiosity.
* Ability to build productive rapport with employees at all levels within and outside the department.
* Ability to treat others with fairness, dignity, and respect.
* Accepts suggestions and constructive feedback in a cooperative and positive manner.
* Ability to work collaboratively with team members and others to achieve identified goals and objectives.
* Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both external and internal customer.
* Interacts with others in a helpful and informative manner.
* Skilled in resolving conflict.
* Ability to understand and know the priorities of the department.
* Demonstrates proficiency in the duties and responsibilities of the job.
* Ability to mentor and coach others.
* Ability to review facts and data, using sound judgment, to arrive at the most effective solution.
* Continually looks for ways to improve processes, fosters innovation and learn.
* Understands and responds promptly and courteously to customer needs and expectations.
* Follows through to see if customer needs were met and keeps them informed of status.
* Ability to be timely when responding to voicemail, e-mail and interoffice communications.
* Expresses ideas clearly and accurately both orally and in writing.
* Encourages, respectfully listens to and acknowledges diverse points of view.
* Treats all customers with courtesy and respect.
Renton, with a population of 101,300, is located on the south shore of Lake Washington with spectacular views of the lake, the Olympics, the Cascades, and Mount Rainier. The Cedar River runs through the heart of downtown and offers an abundance of natural beauty and a run of federally endangered chinook salmon. The City is centrally located for access to the regions' transportation network, accessible by four state and three interstate highways, only minutes away from Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma and Sea-Tac Airport. Renton's strong economic base, diverse marketplace and favorable business climate have attracted the attention of nationally recognized companies that are looking to provide employees and their families with an outstanding quality of life.
We are dedicated to building lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery, friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an excellent place to live.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
In our local communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity, inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources, outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.
As part of Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities, and always put patients--the heart of everything we do--first.
Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda, every member of our team strives to:
Provide culturally responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse membership
Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our workforce
Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical care to all communities in our region
Creating a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment, growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our members, communities, and each other--with dignity, respect, and cultural understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As part of our commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve, we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations. Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is critical to fulfilling our mission, sustaining our business objectives, and providing the best level of care to our members and patients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.