Hi-Desert Home Health is a part of the Desert Care Network, and is based in Joshua Tree, California, on the Hi-Desert Medical Center campus. We cover a large area, serving patients from Twentynine Palms to Indio. As we are growing, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our Home Health team. Under general supervision, this position is assigned to provide skilled nursing care to patients in their homes, following the orders of the attending physician, and functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
1. Evaluate and assess the patient and his/her home environment.
2. Communicate with the physician and other team members in order to develop and coordinate the care plan and to report any changes in the patientâ��s condition.
3. Assist in implementing the patientâ��s care plan.
4. Maintain current, accurate documentation in the clientâ��s medical record.
5. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
6. Maintain health care instruction to the patient as appropriate.
7. Serve as the liaison between the patient, support staff and physician.
8. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops pertaining to home care.
9. Attend required number of departmental meetings per year.
10. Direct and supervise home health aides.
11. Demonstrates sensitivity and competence in the care of ill adult and patients relative to determining each patientâ��s age related physical, psychological and cultural needs.
â�¢ Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school.
â�¢ 1 year of experience as an RN, preferably in a home setting
â�¢ CPR Certification
â�¢ California RN license
â�¢ Valid CA Driverâ��s license
â�¢ Current automobile insurance.
â�¢ Courses in Home Health and/or Hospice
â�¢ Public Health Nurse Training
â�¢ Prior supervisory experience of Aides preferred
â�¢ Knowledge of use of Personal Computer
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.