Ensures patients are appropriately registered for all service lines. Performs eligibility verification, obtains pre-cert and/or authorizations, makes financial arrangements, requests and receives payments for services, performs cashiering functions, clears registration errors and edits pre-bill, and other duties as required. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary service to both internal and external customers and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides PBX (switchboard) coverage and support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Mature judgement in dealing with patients, physicians, and insurance representatives
· Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and familiarity with database programs
· Ability to operate general office machines such as computer, fax machine, printer, and scanner
· Ability to effectively learn and perform multiple tasks, and organize work in a systematic and efficient fashion
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and written
· Ability to adapt in ever changing healthcare environment
· Ability to follow complex instructions and procedures, with a close attention to detail
· Adheres to government guidelines such as CMS, EMTALA, and HIPPAA and AdventHealth corporate policies
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.