Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
At Banner Nuero Wellness Tucson, we are looking for a Senior Wellness Program Manager. This position will include instructing various classes for participants of the Banner studies. You will also manage the new facilities calendar for events, classes, and studies. Data entry for membership payments, class audits, and program assessments. Manage the marketing and outreach for the center, including grant writing, posting/emailing newsletters, flyers, program events, etc. This position is part-time and located at Banner Alzheimer's Institute in Tucson, AZ.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) was established in 2006 as Banner Health's first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer's without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people's lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer's research and care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the development of community outreach and education programs, operational and strategic planning, evaluation and assessment material, training and staff development, fundraising and budget planning, representation of assigned programs on community committees and professional organizations, written documentation, reports and compliance to specific funding sources. Creates programs and delivery systems which meet the needs of the community/service area.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Markets medical services and programs for target patient populations. Develops community education materials, marketing materials and other promotional materials and makes on-sight contacts to increase awareness of and referrals to target programs/services. Tracks and reports the results of marketing efforts. Works with internal constituents to provide branding opportunities for the programs/services.
2. Prepares, administers and maintains compliance with operating and capital budgets and achievement of financial performance. Plans, develops, and manage effective community program services. Establishes policies, systems, and procedures;
3. Develops and implements educational opportunities for physicians, nurses, ancillary staff, and outside medical services. Works with medical staff to identify needed programs and services. May assist with the development of other programs courses, and community medical education presentations.
4. May assist in developing and maintaining a pool of prospective donors with an interest in the work of the assigned program. Support fund raising and assists in the planning of fund raising programs and activities that support the programs. May seek and secure private or public grant funding and provide oversight of grant funded programs/projects.
5. Acts as the spokesperson and is responsible for all media relations and public relations activities of assigned programs. Becomes active in and represents the organization in professional organizations and community affairs.
6. Review contracts and commitments with senior management and corporate legal advisors as deemed appropriate.
7. Acts as a liaison between services staff, physicians, outside medical services, administration and referring facilities. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with professionals, national, state, and local associations; planning agencies; and related health agencies or groups, community agencies, co-workers and staff through personal contacts, written correspondence, phone calls and meetings. Serves on committees, task forces, and special project groups when necessary.
8. This position reports to an administrator or executive level position. Manages a budget and strategic, operating and marketing plans. Internal customers include but are not limited to employees, patients, and other directors and administrators at the local, regional, and corporate levels. External customers include practicing physicians, vendors, and a community, state, or regional area.
Must possess knowledge and skills typically attained through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, nursing or other health-related field.
Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must demonstrate abilities normally attained with three or more years of experience in program development, management and evaluation in a healthcare environment. Requires excellent interpersonal skills. This position can require extensive travel.
Requires excellent knowledge of commonly used office software.
A Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business Administration, Health Administration (MSN, MPH, MBA, MHA) is strongly preferred. Also preferred are prior experience with program development, background/experience in the treatment/care of target patients, experience/knowledge of ICD9 coding for target procedures, etc., as well as related professional registrations and certifications.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.