This is a senior level position focused on translating arbitrary data and numbers into meaningful information to improve capacity for patients to receive more timely care. Responsible for analyzing and detecting opportunities to enhance operations while eradicating issues impacting the organization's output, productivity, and bottom line. A nalyzes multiple data points and translates into detailed analysis for business solutions. Proactively identifies and leads initiatives, communicates solutions, and follows resolutions through completion to optimize efficiency and patient's ability to receive timely care. Thoroughly understands business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommends solutions that enable providers, clinics, and the organization to achieve their goals. Collaborates with stakeholders to synthesize, articulate, and document business objectives and requirements by applying system and analytical thinking methodology and discipline. Monitors and maintains forecast and performance data to quickly identify changes and alert senior leadership of possible solutions to improve performance. This is not an IT position.
Patient Access Services (PAS) is committed to connecting our patients to the care they need to get well and stay well. We work in collaboration with our clinical teams to provide a seamless patient experience, from the first phone call to the day of the appointment and beyond. We continuously strive to elevate our services and reduce anxiety for patients and their families. Our commitment to our colleagues and our patients is what makes us #inspiredtoserve.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
1. Develop professional communications such as PowerPoint presentations, proposals, business summaries, and policies and procedures to support strategic or operational plans.
2. Perform deep dive analysis on business processes, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations to leadership.
3. Apply process improvement methods applicable to the field and designs plans for implementation.
4. Analyze trends affecting budget needs and recommend procedural changes as needed.
5. Participate in calculation, validation, and updating of cost saving initiatives.
6. Research current challenges and trends in the field and brings information and recommendations back to leadership for consideration.
7. Researches business problems and quickly understands the issues and data challenges of organization.
8. Inform and advise managers and other key stakeholders of financial issues and matters as appropriate.
9. Gather data using data mining techniques and tools, analyze information, develop conclusions, communicate recommendations clearly and work effectively with others on a team.
10. Develop programs or queries to retrieve and analyze data for projects, program, and/or reports.
11. Apply statistically sound analytic methods within program and projects.
12. Ability to perform statistical analysis (SPSS and/or R) to perform advanced analysis and present data in a meaningful way to business owners.
13. Develop forecasting models that accurately predicts trends.
14. Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels within the organization.
15. Provide oversight and management for AAA projects and prioritization while mentoring other AAA BA team members.
Qualifications ( Required ):
1. Bachelor's degree in a technical field (engineering, statistics, technology, computer science related).
2. Advanced analytic, SQL, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
3. Epic Certifications in: Clarity Data Model, Cogito, and Workbench.
4. Work requires verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and communication skills.
6. Familiarity with the complexity of healthcare supply and demand.
7. 5 years related work experience.
Qualifications ( Preferred ):
1. Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse.
2. Familiarity with the complexity of healthcare supply and demand.
3. Process improvement and project management knowledge (LEAN, PDSA, 6 Sigma, PMP).
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.