Supervises activities associated with a variety of Health Access Center functions that may include any combination of Scheduling, Registration, Physician Referral, Event Registration, and/or Insurance verification. Supervises trains and oversees a staff of support personnel responsible for providing Call Center services for the DMC. Supervises, monitors, and oversees telephone operators responsible for providing professional and accurate responses in handling calls from the general public, internal departments, and patients. Monitors established policies and procedures governing registration and insurance verification. Assures accurate input of insurance and demographic information. Maintains scheduling template application in scheduling software application, as well as Class, Screening, and Physician Profile updates in Referral software. Trains new Call Center Advisors on departmental policies and procedures; provides on-going training and support, as required, based on formal and informal observations. Conducts needs-assessments including online monitoring. Facilitates the delivery of training to call center staff. Collects and assesses feedback on training experiences. Develops recurrent training programs based on input from supervisory staff and call center advisors, as needed. Ensures adequate coverage of the phones during high volume periods and lunch coverage and suspends web activity, if necessary, during high-stress periods. Monitors agent performance according to specific guidelines and implements action to address performance gaps. Interacts with staff, all levels of DMC personnel, and various external contacts regularly to provide assistance and/or handle concerns or problems. Prepares and analyzes departmental and individual Call Center Advisor performance and call volume reports from call processing system to verify that benchmarks and high level service is maintained. As directed, drafts policy provisions for leadership review and provides first-level interpretation of department policies. Identifies the need for and drafts or defines procedures/protocols in collaboration with higher management input, goals and objectives; modifies procedures/protocols, as necessary. Monitors the quality and quantity of work flow to ensure work is completed. Initiates or recommends personnel actions such as hires, terminations, disciplines, etc. Completes performance appraisals. Assists in the development of daily, monthly, and/or yearly goals and measures for department and, as requested, assists in assessment of goal attainment. Assists in developing and monitoring budget for department. Leads other departmental access related projects as requested.
Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. One to two years progressively more responsible related experience, including supervisory/leadership experience. Experience with payroll review and KRONOS preferred. Experience in call center/service center/access center preferred.
1. Analytical ability to define functional, unit or service procedures, to independently oversee the application of methods, guides, and processes, to apply sound judgment in choosing proper course of action among multiple options, to interpret policies, to assist in planning short to mid-range goals and determining measures, and to assess and monitor progress toward function/area goal attainment.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information and department or function policy. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit or function and occasionally on an interdepartmental or inter-functional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Technical knowledge and proven competency in one or more of the assigned functions.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105012501
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.