Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an Administrative Assistant Supervisor you will be supporting Banner's Inpatient Hospitalist and Intensivist departments at Banner Gateway, Banner Ocotillo & Banner Case Grande.
Responsibilities include supervising a team of 4-5 with responsibilities of patient rounding lists, charge audit/reconciliation, receipt reimbursement and provider credentialing. This position provides clerical and administrative services and assistance requiring occasional discretion and judgment.
Shift : 4/10's Wed-Sat 5:30AM - 4:00PM
Location : Spend equal time throughout month between Gateway, Ocotillo, Casa Grande - once a month to Desert - 2 times a year Payson.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for performing entry level professional, detailed accounting assignments requiring knowledge of account theory and principles. Provides leadership and supervision to department administrative support staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervises Department of Medicine Administrative Assistants including time approval. Provides guidance and training to Administrative Staff in the Sections and Administration regarding how to prepare Banner documents & interpret Accounts Payable, Travel and Purchasing policies and procedures.
2. Reviews and coordinates Banner recruitment and travel pre-authorizations for department.
3. Reviews Banner AP check requests, employee reimbursements, and travel expense reports for accuracy and completeness according to Banner and internal department established policies and procedures. Performs daily scan, data entry and index Banner check requests, employee reimbursements, and travel expense reports for all 13 divisions into DocuWare.
4. Prepares Banner forms for the Department of Medicine Finance Office and assists Section Admins as needed or when requested. Ensures appropriate signatures on forms that will be submitted to Banner Corporate Office.
5. Prepares monthly invoices for Banner (UPH/UAHN/UMC) contracts.
6. Serves as department Liaison to set up and remove CARS requests to Banner systems and to disseminate information from Banner to Department Faculty and Staff of policies, procedures and/or processes.
7. Researches vendor inquiries and accounts payable issues. Takes appropriate action to correct the issue as needed.
8. Creates reports from Department Database and electronic files for compiling specific expenditures when requested.
9. This position works under the direct supervision of the Department Administrator, following established procedures. Uses established knowledge and problem-solving skills with to work independently in a fast paced, multi-task environment. Responsibility for leading administrative support staff for the department and accounting functions. Primary responsibility is to main department assigned, however cross-over and assistance to other departments may be required.
Requires knowledge and experience as typically obtained by the completion of a Bachelors degree in Accounting or a related area, or four years of experience including progressively diverse accounting experience and coursework in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.