Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
At Banner University Medical Center, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, a Level 1 Trauma and Academic Medical Center in Southern Arizona and are on the cutting edge of medical advances.
As the Administrative Assistant in this position, you will be supporting the Trauma Services department. This is a great opportunity to bring your experience in office administration to Banner Health! Responsibilities include coordinating education classes for physician and nursing staff, assisting with coordination of outreach events, preparation for ACS Trauma verification surveys, meeting agenda prep, taking meeting minutes, processing payroll and scheduling PTO for the team. Experience with MS Office and Outlook scheduling is required and KRONOS experience is preferred.
This is a full-time position, Mon-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. There will be opportunity to work remotely in the future.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides clerical and administrative services and assistance requiring occasional discretion and judgment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Word processes correspondence and reports from rough drafts, editing grammar, punctuation, or spelling as needed. This may include taking and transcribing dictation involving general business and healthcare vocabulary and a limited range of specialized terminology.
2. Prepares, collates, and distributes various reports in a timely and accurate manner. This includes completing or handling recurring department projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
3. Screens telephone calls and visitors and directs to appropriate parties. Provides information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of department's area of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices, and operations.
4. Performs confidential administrative functions on occasion where errors could have moderate effect on costs, such as typing, proofing, and assembling reports or proposals for customers or outside agencies and taking, transcribing and distributing minutes of important meetings.
5. May coordinate supervisor's and/or department's calendar, including scheduling meetings and appointments, following established instructions. May coordinate meeting and training classes, registration and preparation of materials, AVA setup, and other classroom preparation. May present classes. May develop meeting/classroom fliers and material and prepare summary data of attendance, etc. may reconcile related invoices and expenses. May arrange travel and hotel accommodations as necessary.
6. May open and screen mail directed to supervisor. Composes responses to routine inquiries, and ascertains which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward appropriate items to manager.
7. May provide clerical and administrative support to department staff, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality on all sensitive information this position is privy to.
8. May maintain supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
9. This position primarily focuses on supporting one supervisor. This position has frequent interaction with, but is not limited to, employees, physicians, patients, visitors, community agencies, vendors, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Working knowledge of clerical and administrative services as normally demonstrated through three years administrative support experience.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital and the Boswell SNF must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with departmental personnel, assist customers with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the clerical and administrative functions described above. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast paced environment and maintain a professional manner.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Associate's degree
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.