Perform administrative and budget related duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of departmental, division or other organization unit activities, which requires a thorough knowledge of Medical Center policies and procedures. Perform complex secretarial duties and support faculty scholarly activity including presentation preparation, calendar maintenance and research administrative support.
Academic General Pediatrics at Children's Hospital improves the health of children and families, especially those with higher risk for poor health outcomes. As a medical home, we provide comprehensive, family-based, coordinated care. Our programs range from primary care clinics across the region to specialized clinics focused on child behavior , to referral services for families involved in international adoption . We also direct the Newborn Nursery at Vanderbilt to give families with new infants a healthy start and allow for good continuity of care. Our training of the next generation of pediatric primary care doctors and specialists and our advancement of discoveries impact children across the country and the around the world.
We accomplish our mission by
Providing high quality, evidence-based comprehensive care, promoting health, preventing disease and identifying health issues to intervene in timely ways that maximize a child's potential.
Providing specialized clinics for international adoption and second opinions for challenging diagnostic dilemmas.
Promoting health locally, nationally and internationally and advocating for our patients and their families, bringing evidence to policy.
Training the next generation of pediatricians who will impact children's health across the country and the around the world.
Conducting research that advances knowledge, impacts practice and policy and ultimately improves child health.
Full Time/Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Daily Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* Serves as the division communication hub. Ensures timely communication to faculty members through various venues including bulletin boards, meeting reminders/minutes, email updates, and mail. * Ensure weekly didactics for Primary Clinic are updated, printed and uploaded on resident website * Responsible for coordinating edits on various patient/resident educational guides, includes monitoring inventory and facilitating print jobs. * Responsible for various faculty calendars including meeting scheduling for faculty members within the division. When needed, reserve rooms for conferences for faculty members. * Support faculty use of professional development funds including arranging travel to professional meetings and facilitating the expense reimbursement in Concur. * Coordinate with community programs to facilitate resident advocacy rotation experiences. * Maintain schedule changes in divisional database and Synergy. * Assist in support of faculty scholarly activity including PowerPoint presentations. * Administrative support when needed by faculty of Academic General Pediatrics such as copying, faxing, scanning and filing * Inventory office supplies/replacement ink cartridge * Serve as a backup to other administrative team members including phone coverage as needed
Monthly Division Faculty and Clinical Services Meetings
* Partner with faculty contact to prepare agenda for monthly Division Faculty and Clinical Services Meetings * Work with faculty to ensure presentations are ready for meetings. * Serve as a liaison with internal and external guests to confirm they are added to appropriate meeting and agenda. Ensure guest's materials (electronic/handouts) are ready for presentation * Work with clinic leadership to ensure performance metrics are reported monthly * Preparation and distribution of meeting minutes
* Assist in updating CVs, biosketches, and other support pages * Utilize Pub Med to obtain publication numbers and reference with endnote * Maintain Publication list for division to create quarterly departmental reports * Track national presentations and grant submissions and acceptance for division * Maintain Box database to track quality improvement initiatives
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 4 years relevant experience. (**strong work-ethic, with a proactive, positive disposition, excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and commitment to high quality results strongly preferred**)
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.