Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, provides business administrative support to assigned leadership personnel, including directors and above. Supports the development of detailed and comprehensive statistical and/or administrative reports in order for analysis to be conducted on programs and services. Assists in preparing feasibility studies and/or financial data for various business plans. Assists in monitoring budget for assigned area(s). Provides necessary information to DMC marketing and communications on plans that address marketing and promotional activities for assigned area(s) or function(s). Assists leadership with the implementation of new business plans and policies. Provides assistance with the standardization of processes and procedures, as well as the implementation and evaluation of continuous improvement and quality assurance standards. May develop computerized applications for tracking departmental data. Performs as liaison between department leadership and internal/external contacts regarding departmental operations. Assists with monitoring work flow and scheduling staff, the processing, maintenance and follow-up of various personnel actions (e.g., performance appraisals, job requisitions, etc.) and the coordinating and monitoring of departmental projects. Supports other department personnel during peak times and as requested by leadership. .
It is recognized that specific tasks may vary widely in type and frequency within functional areas or across services, based on the nature of the patient population being served. Therefore, a functional area or service may appropriately add to or delete from individual duties in the generic Operations Support Assistant job summary and develop a more detailed and department-specific position description.
1. Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three years of progressively more responsible experience providing administrative/operational support.
3. Program/project management experience within a healthcare environment preferred.
1. Analytical ability required to research, gather, review and disseminate information for management review and to understand and relay information regarding substantive business/clerical issues related to leadership's area(s) of responsibility. Ability to interpret complex financial reports, studies and processes and to present findings to management.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with various levels of health care personnel on a daily basis. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in specific functional area(s) are necessary.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching and counseling skills and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others within the assigned service area(s).
4. Technical understanding of various computer software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing, statistical analysis, database management, work flow and graphics programs.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105007628
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.