Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
This job involves managing design & construction activities for high profile capital projects using set goals and expectations that are provided by VUMC. This position must fully understand the project, understand the complete development cost for the project, and keep all parties informed as well as seek direction from appropriate sources. The project manager is responsible for continual development of the relationship between VUMC Planning, Design, and Construction and its' customers as well as leadership, and management. The Architect/PM has oversight for all aspects of the design & construction program including cost, scope, quality & overall schedule. The project manager's primary responsibilities are to maintain the project scope and budget approved by the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and to meet certain reporting responsibilities.
* Evaluate/perform planning options for space use
* Perform and/or participate in site evaluations for specified purposes
* Produce schematic and design development drawings for review
* Review drawings during design phase
* Coordination of user meetings to review design
* Coordination of program changes or design modifications during construction
* Prepare color selections and presentation boards for user
* Assist in selection and coordination of furniture selections for user
* Review and "stamp" shop drawings
* Confirm existing conditions on projects
* Write specifications and complete door, finish, and hardware schedules, etc.
* Draw design details and coordinate inclusion on project drawings
* Maintenance of written documentation of key decisions project schedules, budgets and meeting minutes
* Administers and coordinates owner output with Architects and Engineers during design and construction administration
* Review of A/E contracts
* Review of drawings during design
* Coordination of user meetings to review design
* Review of final documents for appropriateness to VUMC expectations
* Coordination of program changes or design modification during construction
* Review of pay requests
* Review project with Codes and State Health officials with Consultants
* Assist with coordination between the User and Purchasing regarding the selection of furniture and the coordination of equipment for the project
* Assist with the coordination between User and Information Management and ITS regarding the installation of cabling, computers and telephones in the project
* Perform/participate in material and products/equipment evaluations and comparisons
* Administers and coordinates owner input during pricing and construction phase with Contractors or Construction Managers
* Clarification of VUMC expectations on project during pricing phase
* Review of Construction Contracts
* Coordination of shop drawings and equipment review
* Review of project progress
* Review and evaluate construction changes to scope and budget during the construction phase
* Review of job for final completion and acceptance
* Assist with the coordination of furniture and equipment for conformance with the chosen color palette and compatibility with services identified on Construction Documents
* Develop and implement signage package
* Close out projects
* Receipt and review of as-built drawings
* Receipt of equipment service and maintenance manuals and project warranties
* Coordination of operations start-up
* Coordinate State Health Inspections and submittal
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.