POSITION SUMMARY This position supports the organization's service center by providing daily customer service to physicians and/or staff, employees, health and dental plan members and dependents, payors, hospital staff, and the community at large. Herein referred to as "customer".
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives, documents, researches and responds to customer inquiries following established policies, procedures and standards. (Answer, identify, research, document, and respond to a diverse and high volume of inbound and outbound health insurance related customer calls on a daily basis.)
2. Prepares and/or initiates a variety of correspondence/documents in response to customer inquiries, following departmental procedures and compliance guidelines. (Meet quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines and compliance standards.)
3. Facilitates timely research and issue resolution through interaction and communication with the appropriate parties, which includes but is not limited to, department team members, employees within the organization, physician offices, and/or contracted plan representatives.
4. Works cohesively with team members to ensure delivery of outstanding customer service, in a positive work environment, that supports the department's ongoing goals and objectives.
5. Fulfills informational needs of clients for care coordination of members, appropriate access to contracted providers, services of contracted managed care organizations, employee benefits, health and dental plan inquiries, and services of staff such as utilization review, prior authorization, billing and contract management.
6. Services inbound and outbound customer and staff communications for all facilities in the states in which they operate. Works with various departments and staff to provide accurate managed care information.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced contact center environment as typically demonstrated with up to one year of experience, preferably in a healthcare or managed care. Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining a professional and service oriented demeanor at all times. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and typing skills.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the company's customer information systems, as well as, fundamental knowledge of the organization's benefit programs, as described above. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills to display the ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of benefit-oriented subjects.
Bilingual preferred. Associate's degree with at least one to two years experience in a high call volume service center strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5466
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.