Geisinger is seeking talented and motivated Child Psychiatrist to join a growing multidisciplinary clinical and research team at Geisinger’s Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute (ADMI) in beautiful Lewisburg, PA, Wilkes Barre/Scranton and other sites in central Pennsylvania.
Geisinger fosters a training environment with strong academic ties to nearby Bucknell University and our medical school, Geisinger Commonwealth Medical College. ADMI’s vision is to expand and integrate clinical services, research, education, and family support for children and adolescents with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Provide clinical care, including diagnostics and medication management, as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary developmental medicine, psychiatry, psychology, neuroscience, and genomics team.
• Work within a busy, stimulating clinical and research environment serving individuals with diverse neurodevelopmental challenges.
• Develop clinical expertise and research interests through specialty clinics for fragile X, Smith-Magenis, 22q11.2 deletion, and other genetic syndromes.
• Enjoy protected time to pursue research projects and clinical trials related to developmental brain disorders.
• Teach residents, medical students, and trainees in allied disciplines through established affiliations between Geisinger and regional academic institutions (Bucknell University and Geisinger Commonwealth Medical College).
• Are respected and supported colleagues within Geisinger’s nationally-recognized and growing Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.