Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an immediate opening for an
Assistant / Associate Professor of Osteopathic Principles & Practice (OPP).
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Participate in clinical and teaching activities in osteopathic principles of practice and osteopathic manipulative medicine at RVUCOM.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Actively participate in the education and instruction of medical students, other health care professional students, and residents while providing mentorship and motivation for learning, research, and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experiences, and research opportunities.
2. Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents, and provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the COM meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies.
3. Participate in curriculum development, assessment, and modification as a part of the college's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
4. Participate in the assessment or evaluation of and provide feedback to other members of the faculty as a portion of the colleges ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
5. Provide professional and clinical services in ascertained clinical settings consistent with training and degree as assigned by administration and the Department Chair or Vice Chair.
6. Provide service to the university community and students through serving on COM and department committees; by providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students; and by participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Campus Dean, Department Chair, or Department Vice Chair.
7. Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, and scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency.
8. Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
9. Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the university and college in fulfilling its mission and vision.
10. Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance, and advance the prestige of the University and College through advancement of its mission and vision, and advancement of your personal career.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Campus Dean, Department Chair, or Department Vice Chair.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education, including the use of varied curriculum and teaching models.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the application of osteopathic principles and osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT).
3. Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
1. Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree with current Board Certification or Board Eligibility in appropriate area of specialization.
2. Proficiency in teaching Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (NMM) / Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM).
3. Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity.
4. Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
5. Able to obtain osteopathic medical licensure in Colorado.
6. Eligible for coverage by college's malpractice insurer.
1. More than 2 (two) years of academic teaching experience in OPP at an undergraduate or graduate medical education program.
2. Demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in medical research or education in clinical, professional or educational settings in OPP.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.