Note: This is not a traditional Quality Assurance Analyst position; The focus is on informatics, user-centered design and usability testing methods. "Quality assurance" testing responsibilities are limited to validating that designed technology meets end-users' needs and safety standards.
Collects and analyzes data to help technology developers better understand end-user needs and uncover potential usability issues with current and proposed technology solutions. Conducts observations and interviews with end-users. Assists with usability testing, data analysis and reporting. Implements small projects or components of large projects under general supervision.
* Carries out all phases of the user-centered design process to ensure that all technology products and services meet institution safety standards and end-user needs with guidance.
* Applies clinical knowledge and prior experience with health information technology to improve the team's understanding of end-user needs, workflows, and potential technology design solutions.
* Conducts observations and interviews with end-users to understand the environment of use, current workflows, and user needs under occasional guidance.
* Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data to uncover potential usability issues with current and proposed technology solutions under occasional guidance.
* Develops usability testing scenarios and tasks to meet project testing priorities under occasional guidance.
* Defines and implements usability test plans with guidance.
* Advocates for patient safety and usability throughout the system development life cycle.
* Provides informatics support for a variety of health information technology and grant-funded research projects.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Bachelors Diploma (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
** Preferred/Desired Qualifications **
* A minimum of three years of nursing (or equivalent) experience that includes regular use of electronic health records and other patient care technology
* Active licensure as a registered nurse or equivalent clinical profession
* Additional training or experience in informatics and/or research
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
The Department of Anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine has a long tradition of innovation. This creative impulse has kept the Vanderbilt Anesthesiology Department in the vanguard of clinical discovery, basic science research, and translational application of new knowledge throughout perioperative medicine.
Vanderbilt Anesthesiology has the intellectual agility to maintain equilibrium and thrive in this unstable environment. We get the right people onto the team, create the right systems of practice to provide optimum patient care, and develop innovative technology to improve the capabilities of our clinicians. We train the future leaders of perioperative medicine in research, clinical innovation and patient care, and we put those skills into practice every day. Our department is characterized by optimism, excitement, talent, and a commitment to work together to improve our knowledge and the care we provide to our patients.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1913504
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.