* Responds to incoming calls within 3 rings in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
* Maintain HIPAA compliance by verifying the patient identity using two (2) forms of identification. If the patient is not the caller, verify the caller is listed as an authorized point of contact for the account.
* Acceptable forms for verification include last 4 digits of SSN, date of birth, etc. Notes should include that verification was obtained.
* Efficiently triage the call by locating the patient account and understanding questions/concerns.
* Document the details of the patient's phone call and their concern accurately as instructed according to department standards, policies and procedures.
* Review accounts thoroughly, making all necessary corrections as needed.
* Follow up on patient's issues promptly and return calls in a timely manner.
* Forward any unanswered concerns or questions to the appropriate patient account representative, insurance specialist or medical group representative while establishing correct expectations with the patient as to an expected return phone call or resolution, according to department standards, policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate the ability to handle difficult patient's with professionalism and effectively resolve patient's
* Research and process patient refunds and credit balance adjustments as assigned ina timely manner and according to department standards, policies and procedures.
* "Other duties as assigned"
* Minimum two (2) years' experience in patient account billing and collections.
* General computer skills, including the ability to use the internet and learn other computer applications.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* General knowledge of medical terminology and ICD9 coding.
* Working knowledge of general medical office procedures required.
* Working knowledge of legal aspects of patient and insurance collections.
* 40 WPM typing, verifiable
* 10 key by touch
* Must have good listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Internal Number: MEM003925
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.