The Department of Health Policy at Vanderbilt is seeking a qualified Associate Program Manager candidate with strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task while remaining helpful and courteous.
The Associate Program Manager will serve as a key resource to faculty by providing administrative support, coordinating activities for their research programs, and assisting with research projects. This position will work in concert with other departmental staff and support assigned faculty by coordinating activities related to their research and academic roles.
The position requires a person who can communicate and work well with a number of faculty members, staff, and students; take initiative to gather suitable information and data to address tasks; and complete assignments in a timely manner.
The successful candidate should be extremely organized, efficient, detail oriented, a team player, and a self-starter. Additionally, the candidate should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to think and function independently. Excellent time management and planning skills are essential. Proficiency with MS Office programs and ability to quickly learn new programs is needed.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Plan, organize, and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives o Coordinate internal and external research program meetings and events which may include meetings, internal and external seminars, and workshops o In coordination with faculty, provide input into the establishment of goals and objectives for these events o Determine the content and details of various events and coordinate dissemination of relevant information to appropriate audiences o Continuously compile, review, and analyze events' outcomes against the established goals, objectives, and timeliness o Recommend and coordinate activities to improve future events o Coordinate space and facilities planning for program events which may be internal as well as in the community o Ensure all logistics and materials are prepared for the meeting o Update and maintain appropriate websites and distribution lists o Support faculty with calendar maintenance, meeting coordination and scheduling o Support faculty members in their education roles which may include class material preparation and recruitment and scheduling of guest speakers
* Procure goods and services for research programs o Purchase needed items or services while monitoring expenditures to ensure event is executed on or under budget o Manage inventory of supplies and equipment o Coordinate travel arrangements for faculty and guests o Coordinate reimbursements and ensure they are processed in a timely manner o Maintain familiarity with VUMC travel and reimbursement policies and procedures as well as those of funding sources o Monitor costs, expenses and revenue and manages those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts
* Provide support for research programs o Assist faculty in the preparation of materials for publication, including copy editing and formatting documents o Collect, organize, and evaluate data from a variety of sources o Prepare charts, graphs, and tables o Create informational materials for dissemination o May create database files and assist with data management; may perform preliminary analysis o May utilize REDCap or similar database systems o May assist with drafting portions of grant proposals and project documents
Please complete the online application and include your current resume and a cover letter .
Minimum Requirements: This position requires Bachelor's degree. A degree in public policy, economics, or a health-related field is preferred.
Preferred qualities and skills: * Masters level candidates with research skills are encouraged to apply * Strong written and verbal communication skills * Self-starter with initiative and professional work style
Additional Information: This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Vanderbilt University's new Department of Health Policy brings together a broad group of health policy scholars devoted to developing health policy solutions that can have a profound impact. The Department builds on a history of strong collaborative relationships with the Tennessee Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and several frontline policy makers to develop health policy solutions for our nation's most pressing health care challenges.
The combination of a major research university and preeminent medical center gives Department faculty incredible opportunities to build relationships with frontline care providers and policymakers which can lead to breakthrough discoveries. The Department fosters a deep belief that research and innovative thinking should guide health policy relationships and help policymakers understand implications. For more information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/health-policy/ .
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1909540
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.