At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Health Care. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Health Information Management Technician is responsible for the ongoing management of document imaging and scanning, birth certificates, off-site storage coordination, processing requests for continuation of care, and reception in the Health Information Management department at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center/Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach.
* Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft environment to include Word and Excel.
* Previous Health Information Management experience in an electronic environment with document scanning is preferred.
* Knowledgeable with the California Department of Public Health guidelines in the accurate and timely processing of birth certificates.
* 1+ years of medical records experience in an acute care hospital or doctor's office.
* Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements related to patient information confidentiality and the release of it.
Internal Number: LON005306
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.