Kindred Healthcare is seeking a CEO at UH Avon Rehabilitation Hospital. UH Avon Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare, bringing together the expertise of both world-class organizations. This 50 bed Rehabilitation Hospital opened in January 2016, UH Avon Rehabilitation Hospital is focused on improving the functional status of our patients after an injury or illness with the goal of returning our patients home safely.
To improve the health, function and quality of life of the people in the communities we serve.
To be the rehabilitation provider of choice, by providing high-quality care resulting in excellent outcomes and high patient satisfaction.
Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style the CEO provides the leadership to effectively grow the hospital by ensuring clinical excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength. This includes CEO leadership in developing strong senior team and partnership with Medical Director and medical staff to ensure the clinical excellence and operational performance of the rehabilitation hospital. The CEO is also responsible for designing, developing and implementing a strategic plan to ensure the success of the hospital's clinical, financial and overall operating performance and successful growth of the hospital as a whole. The CEO directs, administers and coordinates the overall operations of the hospital, including the goals and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer in collaboration with the Managing Partner and Board of Managers.
* Provide day-to-day leadership within the organization, including advice, guidance, direction and authorization to achieve the clinical and financial goals and objectives of the organization;
* Design, develop and implement a strategic plan that focuses on clinical excellence, financial performance and market and business development in collaboration with the Board of Managers and manages and directs the organization toward the goals of the plan;
* Create and maintain proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems to meet and exceed the clinical and financial goals of the organization included in the strategic plan;
* Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure, including reviews of operating results of the organization, comparing them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results;
* Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract and recruit and retain required members of the team not currently in place and providing mentoring as needed;
* Cultivate a positive relationships with and maintain an environment of collaboration and cooperation at all levels of the organization, including the Medical Staff and the Board of Managers;
* Recruit and retain a professional and highly qualified medical director and medical staff;
* Positively and professionally represent the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the public;
* Assures adequate provision of services through referral, consultation or contractual agreement and negotiates, enter into, administers and modifies and/or terminates contracts (including contracts with Practitioners for the rendering of services at or to the Hospital) for the Hospital as may be necessary, subject to the rights of the Board of Managers;
* Ensure that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, Joint Commission standards, CARF and other rehab specialty accreditations, the Hospital Compliance Plan and all laws governing healthcare operations;
* Supports the Hospital's Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and measures effectiveness on that plan to demonstrate clinical excellence;
* Ensures the implementation of the Hospital-wide policy and patients' rights and responsibilities subject to the approval of the Medical Staff and Board of Managers;
* Responsible for establishing and implementing a safe working environment that meets all licensure, regulatory, and accreditation requirements;
* Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operations of the Hospital, including, but not limited to, measures and effectiveness of achieving operational performance as defined in the strategic plan;
* Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal, Joint Commission and Hospital Compliance Plan.
* Maintains cooperative working relationship and good rapport with Board of Managers, Medical Staff, hospital departments and staff and other organizations or entities related to the hospital business.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization at all levels of the organization.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
5 years of successful healthcare management experience, 3-5 years as hospital/healthcare facility CEO/COO required, rehabilitation hospital experience preferred