The Healthcare Analytics Developer III’s role is to deliver analytics solutions to the organization, leveraging the appropriate Business Intelligence tool for the type of analysis needed. This includes, but is not limited to, static reports, dynamic reports, self-service portals, data exploration, data visualization, and statistical or predictive analysis tools.
This role will be capable of developing complete solutions of advanced complexity, incorporating source data into existing or new data structures, enriching Master Data Repositories and Data Dictionaries in the process, and providing appropriate end-user interface(s) to meet the clinical or business intelligence needs of the customer. Leads initiatives or small projects within the team, developing management and leadership skills.
In collaboration with other members of the Data Strategy & Reporting team, adheres to Lean and Agile-based standard work processes to ensure that the hallmark of this team’s efforts are timely, defect-free deliverables. Mentors more junior staff members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
* Develops analytics solutions to end-user specifications independently and in collaboration with management and team members, as well as other members of the organization, such as Performance Improvement and Decision Support.
* Conducts data sourcing, curation, management and preparation using SQL against diverse data sources.
* Shares in team on-call support rotation
* Independently leads comprehensive Cost/Benefit and Return on Investment (ROI) analyses for proposed projects to aid management in making implementation decisions.
* Creates new data structures using data modeling software and design principles to support more robust analysis capabilities.
* Independently provides solutions that meet end-user requirements as well as provide solutions that further the broader mission of the organization where these are overlapping but beyond initial user-defined scope.
* Independently conducts end-to-end solution development, from initial request to realized value to customer.
Essential Job Outcomes
* Maintains the highest level of expertise and competence in the proper operation and optimal use of complex enterprise application systems.
* Develops, maintains, and demonstrates in-depth business knowledge in assigned areas, and expertise in contemporary use of automation to improve business performance.
* Processes and analyzes information from any relevant and available MemorialCare data source in support of the mission of the organization.
* Develops reports, dashboards, and analytics packages using the full range of functionality available through MemorialCare’s business intelligence suite of tools.
* Stays current on relevant industry developments – payment reform, regulations, quality measurement, performance improvement, Meaningful Use, etc. in order to be informed partner to analyze data to find answers to complex problems. Thus more ready to be a thought partner with colleague/customers.
* Independently and/or collaboratively develops solutions that are high performance, rapid response time, and as close to real-time as possible. Right information of the right data age to the right person using the right tool at the right time.
* Ensures that data that is presented to the customer is connected to the enterprise data dictionary, standardized terminologies, and provides insight into data lineage and transformations subsequent to initial creation.
* Provide technical and administrative support of complex, enterprise-wide analytics systems to ensure data integrity and proper system functioning.
* Stays current on analytics technology and methods, both for systems in use by MemorialCare, and in the industry at-large.
* Develops and maintains understanding of the capabilities of MemorialCare’s tools and actively pursues implementation and use of new features, keeping MemorialCare’s data consumers informed and empowered, and making sure the organization is getting the most out of its analytics technology investments. Leverage interoperability/API capabilities between tools to maximize flow of information between analytic tools, and present information in the most optimal method appropriate to the consumer’s use case or workflow
* Demonstrates excellent analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
* Other duties as assigned
* 5 years related work experience.
* Expert skills with SQL.
* Expert development skills with consumer and enterprise analysis software
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Healthcare Informatics required.
* Licensed healthcare professional desirable.
* At least one Epic analytics certification required. Epic “Proficiency” status in at least one other Epic data domain required if only one certification.
* Certification as developer for an enterprise analytics software solution preferred.
Internal Number: MEM003157
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.