The Data Entry Operator accurately updates patient insurance demographics, and ensures timely and accurate processing of daily charge batches for all applicable medical groups. The Data Entry Operator communicates errors/discrepancies to medical group manager and posts daily payment batches in an accurate and timely manner for all medical groups. The position maintains daily posting logs in an accurate manner.
* Accurately and completely enters all insurance information.
* Verifies the accuracy and completeness of all ICD-9/CPT coding on all charge printouts and returns errors to the medical group.
* Utilizes available resources with respect to correct ICD-9/CPT coding.
* Posts daily charges from print outs and distributes co-payments while maintaining adequate quality assurance scores.
* Reviews the Charge Summary Report for accuracy and correctness to the charge batch.
* Inputs and balances payment batches while maintaining adequate quality assurance.
* Displays good judgment and uses time effectively to ensure timely entry. Strives to keep department standard of posting all cash within 72 hours of receipt.
* Posts all reason codes correctly attached to the payment and/or adjustment to which they correspond, posting and documenting all applicable information on the EOB and linking the EOB image correctly via ICS for future reference.
* Updates the posting log upon posting each payment batch.
* Posts batches once started within 24 hours and immediately upon completion.
* Print EOBs from payer websites and log into the Excel spreadsheet
* Post bonus ,capitation, and encounter checks
General Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides professional and courteous services to all customers of Nautilus Physician Services. Customers include all clients, affiliates, other departments, patients, co-workers, insurance company representatives, and all other vender representatives.
* Maintains clean, well-organized, properly stocked, and secure work area.
* Performs job function in accordance with current departmental Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
* Accommodates changes in workload within the department.
* During light workload situations, seeks out additional tasks / duties for the department in order to maintain appropriate productivity.
* Demonstrates flexibility in accepting schedule and work assignments.
* Keeps supervisor informed when problems may interfere with work being completed on time.
* Uses initiative to resolve problems with appropriate action and follow through.
* Adapts to changes or unusual circumstances to promote cooperation and minimize disruption to working environment.
* Follows all corporate compliance and general policies and procedures and sets an example of appropriate corporate ethical behavior. Including but not limited to: HIPAA Privacy laws, Fraud, and Abuse Regulations.
* Accurately performs computer functions
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* 10-Key by Touch verifiable at a speed of a minimum of 8,000 Net kph
* 30 Net WPM Typing, verifiable
* Working knowledge of general medical office procedure
* General computer skills required, including the ability to use the internet and learn other computer applications successfully
* Must demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Excellent problem-solving Skills necessary
* Must be able to follow instructions
* Knowledge on reading an EOB
Internal Number: MEM003554
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.