Carondelet Medical Group, Cardiology East office is seeking a full time EKG Tech for their busy medical office setting.
General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position operates, maintains, and possibly assists with electrocardiograph equipment, pacemakers and defibrillators.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Prepare patients for EKG following established procedures.
5. Prepare necessary equipment for procedures.
6. Provide instructions to patients regarding procedures.
7. Perform clerical duties to include pertinent documentation, filing, and delivering of EKGï¿½s to be read.
8. Completes necessary paperwork including charge tickets and EKG Log on a daily basis.
9. Inventory, order and maintain all departmental supplies at defined inventory levels.
Education: High school graduation and completion of a training course or on-the-job training.
Experience: Work requires a level knowledge of patient care methods, procedures and techniques. Six Months EKG experience preferred.
1. Knowledge of performing EKGs.
2. Understanding proper operation of EKG equipment.
3. Knowledge of using medical equipment including stethoscope, scales, and blood pressure cuff, etc.
4. Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems.
5. Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
1. Skill in multi-tasking.
2. Skill in customer service.
3. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
6. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
7. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party venders, patients, and the public.
8. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
9. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
2. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
3. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
4. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
5. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: EKG.
Primary Location: Tucson, Arizona
Facility: Tucson Physician Group Holdings
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905025357
About Tucson Physician Group Holdings
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.