When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
Attending Physicians in the Department of Radiology are responsible for the supervision of and interpretation of diagnostic imaging studies obtained with the hospital system. This position is for but not limited to nuclear medicine services including PET-CT, providing therapeutic radioactive iodine therapy and general diagnostic radiology including CT, MRI, US and fluoroscopy. Experience must be wide and varied.
· Follows departmental and hospital policies
· Interprets radiologic studies in a timely manner
· Reviews dictation of final reports for studies reviewed in a timely manner
· Supervises Radiology residents and technologist when appropriate
· Reviews Radiology residents preliminary reports in a timely manner; reviews and corrects Radiology residents preliminary reports, as necessary
· Participates in the education of residents, including didactic lecture preparation
· Provides radiologic consultative services for other clinical departments within the system
· Participates in multidisciplinary conferences as assigned
· Performs procedures in areas where clinical privileges are granted
· Provides coverage to the various areas of the department and hospital system as requested by the Chair including traveling to different sites if necessary
· Participates in departmental and/or system wide committees as assigned
· Participates in departmental and/or system wide quality improvements/assurance efforts as assigned
· Maintains an educational environment conducive to educating the residents
· Takes calls as assigned by the department chair including remote review of studies
· Supervises, interprets and promotes the use of routine and advance diagnostic imaging techniques related to body imaging
· Performs other duties as assigned
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) from an accredited college or university
Licensed physician in the State of Illinois, or have the ability to obtain licensure prior to the start of employment
Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Diagnostic Radiology Residency
If currently in fellowship training, passed step I board Examination by the American Board of Radiology. Must become certified after completion of practice requirements stipulated by the ABR or AOBR to maintain recommendation for remaining on the medical staff OR Completed and maintained Certification by the American Board of Radiology or American Osteopathic Board of Radiology
Currently enrolled in or has completed a nuclear medicine residency or fellowship or PET-CT fellowship program in the United States OR practice experience for nuclear medicine and PET-CT of at least three (3) years
Valid Federal DEA certificate OR have the ability to obtain certificate one prior to starting employment
Must have current experience interpreting general diagnostic radiology examinations including CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy in addition to Nuclear Medicine and PET-CT examinations
Meet the regulatory requirements for an Authorized User of radioactive materials in the State of Illinois for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures OR have the ability to meet prior to starting employment
Pediatric radiology experience or extra training during final residency
Recent (within 24 month) diagnostic radiology research of publishable scholarly activity
Selection of Diagnostic Radiology Chief Resident in an ACGME or AOA approved Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
Activities demonstrating service to public health or underserved populations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Working knowledge and experience with all aspects of general Radiology
Working knowledge and experience with interpretation of body imaging examinations
Knowledge of the principles and methods of training medical staff to ensure standards of care
Skill to analyze data/information accurately in order to determine and implement an effective and appropriate course of action
Skill to prepare written documents to provide information and/or direction to staff and others.
Skill to communicate effectively in order to exchange and/or provide information and/or direction to staff and others
Demonstrate the ability to follow department specific work rules, hospital and personnel rules.
Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision in decision making.
Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices and the appropriate us of the electronic health record (EHR)
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged.
Ability to follow hospital protocol when exposed to noise, chemicals, disease, blood borne pathogens, patient violence and procedural injuries
Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Must be able to travel to work sites throughout Cook County
Ability to meet department and divisional productivity thresholds
Ability to meet appropriate confidentiality standards for protected health information (PHI)
Ability to provide appropriate patient care while maintaining fiduciary responsibility to patients
Ability to demonstrate service to public health or underserved populations
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
· Basic Term Life Insurance
· Pension Plan
· Deferred Compensation Program
· Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
· You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question,
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER