Providence is calling a Director of Development - Foundation to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Lead the major gift solicitation process in the region by focusing on prospects under personal management and by supporting and facilitating solicitations by other staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that prospects capable of major gifts are cultivated and solicited in an appropriate and deliberate manner.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and accountable for planning and executing a major gifts program focusing on gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Serve as relationship manager for a minimum of 100 current and prospective major donors.Identify sources of funding for urban campus adult services special needs and prepares written proposals to individuals, government, corporation and private giving agencies.
- Establish personal goals, objectives and strategies for 5 figure gift fundraising.
- Participate in assessing progress toward goals with CDO on a monthly basis.
- Assist in oversight of foundation employees, board of directors and budgets when asked.
- Represent the foundation and Chief Development Officer at internal and external events, as appropriate.
- Execute special campaigns/initiatives, projects and events as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's and 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience which includes (3 years of full-time fundraising experience demonstrating success of face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $10,000 or more, mass market fundraising, proposal and grant writing, donor stewardship and strong skills working with volunteers) OR comparable experience totaling 5 years of (progressively responsible full-time sales, marketing, public relations or experience which has involved direct face-to-face contact with clients; customers, prospective customers and members of the public) and 1 year managerial experience. A Master's degree in a related field may be substituted for up to 1 year of the required experience
- Demonstrated excellent proposal and grant writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage large, multiple volunteer efforts successfully
- Demonstrated proficiency for detailed, accurate financial tracking and project budget administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and donor management software preferably Raiser's Edge
- Able to communicate fluently (speaking and writing) using the English language
- Acceptable references from former employer(s)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
Please contact Rachel Brown for more information: Rachel.Brown@providence.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 152606