Providence is calling a Senior Analyst, Management Reporting to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst, Management Reporting to Reporting provide financial and operational information, strategic and tactical analyses, and recommendations to internal customers at the senior executive level and above.
The System Finance team works with market leaders within Providence St. Joseph Health and its affiliates, reporting financial and operating results in a clear; accurate and concise manner while identifying trends in performance. The goal of System Finance is to provide leaders at the executive level with insights that inform and guide the strategic decisions of the Ministry.
In this position you will:
- Lead the collection of data and analysis to create information for executive leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Provide actionable analysis to help drive and inform strategic discussions and decisions with senior system leadership.
- Analyze financial and operational data to identify improvement opportunities within the System. In addition, prepares data and analysis for use in presentations to market and system leaders, as well as the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify opportunities to improve efficiency at the system and/or market levels.
- Provide analytical and reporting support to the Regional Leadership Council (RLC) and similar groups.
- Lead and facilitate the aggregation of information for key reporting activities for executive leaders (e.g. patient volumes; monthly close reporting; market performance reviews; monthly operational reporting).
- Coach team members to expand their knowledge and understanding of principles related to their functions and operations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous operational & financial analysis, planning & project management experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience within the healthcare industry supporting operational departments.
- Experience with Excel (advanced modeling, PivotTables, Power BI), SQL (Microsoft, Oracle) or similar databases, PowerPoint, and statistical and graphing applications (e.g. Think-Cell).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 152127