Providence is calling a Director of Nursing to Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington.
In this position you will:
- Assist the Administrator to plan, develop, organize, implement, and direct the facility's programs and activities, including Nursing, Rehabilitative services, Pharmacy, MDS, Social Services, and other aspects of resident / patient care.
- Work with Plant Operations Director and Infection Control Nurse to identify, evaluation and classify infection control risks, and develop and implement protocols to minimize or eliminate them.
- Meet budgeted admissions guidelines to ensure that budgeted census and payer mix are met; ensure adherence to up-to-date MDS and medical records regulations and standards.
- Provide leadership and vision for nursing development and advancement within the organization. Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the nursing department, all of its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility / agency.
- Meet the regulatory requirements of a Director of Nursing.
- Act as a role model in promoting and ensuring person-directed care with an emphasis on dignity, choice and quality of life.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in Washington State
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Minimum of five (5) years in leadership and management role
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in long term care setting required including end of life care
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree
- Experience as an Assistant Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington compassionately serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in "neighborhoods" and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151845