Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Surgery, Full Time, Evening Shift 10:30am-7:00pm - to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients n an acute care environment
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- If the Registered Nurse holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact, the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Nursing degree/diploma
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher within 3 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Any previously agreed upon effective date for obtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing between individual and facility will remain in effect
- Any collective bargaining contract with specific time frames for obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede the above point and will remain in effect
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at the facility
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed nonprofit hospital serving the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. We are proud of providing the South Bay with high-quality medical care and compassionate service by offering a comprehensive array of medical services distinguished by innovation, quality, and excellence.
Our accomplishments include the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART, as well as, ranking in the top 10% of over 240 hospitals compared by California Healthcare Foundation. In addition, we were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship. Today, Providence Health & Services celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged, and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 154267