Providence is calling a Patient Education Manager (RN or RD) to our Facey Patient Education location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under the general direction of the Clinical Pharmacy Operations & Patient Education Director will provide leadership and management/supervision of the education department's operations including managing the performance of staff wellness educators and certified diabetes educators (CDEs).
- In collaboration with the Patient Education Supervisor and the Wellness Education Coordinator/Specialist, will provide guidance and share knowledge with staff in an effort to advance effective patient education programs to meet Facey's patient needs.
- Will lead the development, implementation, evaluation, modification of current education programs.
- Will work with endocrinology and other physician champions to ensure that the CDEs are being effectively utilized and productive.
- Ensures efficient allocation and use of resources.
- Provides one-on-one and group teaching of wellness programs as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current California Registered Dietician license.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Minimum of 2 years previous management experience.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers.
- Possesses excellent customer service and communication skills and has ability to effectively interact with the public and co-workers.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience teaching health and wellness one-on-one and to groups.
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have properly insured vehicle available at all times to be able to offer educational programs at all Facey sites and throughout the community.
- Must be able to teach at multiple sites during daytime and evening hours, if needed.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Certified Diabetes Educator certification preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in related health care field preferred.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, or Public Health with experience in health education.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, San Gabriel and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 153573