Providence is calling an Infection Prevention Coordinator RN to the Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak AK .
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as "Emerald Isle" for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
The Infection Prevention Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of the Infection Prevention Plan. This includes collaboration with Core Leaders to address infection prevention standards and regulations required by Joint Commission, federal, state, and local laws, participation in education outreach and recruitment programs to ensure competence of health care professionals and support staff, in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards. Fosters change and teamwork to ensure contructive relationships and growth, while maintaining a positive and professional image when interacting with patients, their families, physicians, employees and the general public.
In this position you will:
- Provide general oversight as directed by senior or departmental leadership to encourage a positive work environment.
- Provide guidance and support to staff and community members to ensure that they are able to perform their work effectively and efficiently.
- Review and follow-up with microbiological reports to monitor the presence of infectious microorganisms so that data can be analyzed in a timely manner and appropriate action taken.
- Identify, gather, and analyze all pertinent information necessary to accomplish Infection Prevention projects.
- Assure implementation of appropriate interventions to address identified infection prevention issues as needed.
- Develop and maintain quality prevention and quality assurance programs by developing indicators to measure, monitor, and report performance to other team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Associates Degree.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Certification in infection prevention within (2) two years of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or the ability to obtain certification within ninety (90) days of date of hire.
- Must have knowledge of the principles of epidemiology, statistics, sterilization, disinfections, and sanitation.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in infection control procedure programs.
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC's long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Infection Prevention Nursing
Req ID: 145243