Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com.
The IT Security Director role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives. The IT Security Director directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems, business operations and facility defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues. This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems, while directing the administration of security policies, activities and standards
Secondary tasks will include the selection of appropriate security solutions and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Director is expected to interface with peers in the Systems and Network departments, as well as with the leaders of the business units to, both, share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate as a member of the senior IT management team in governance processes of the organization's security strategies.
- Lead strategic security planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing defense initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future security technologies using a risk-based assessment methodology.
- Develop and communicate security strategies and plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers and stakeholders.
- Assist with the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits and enhancements.
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for system security administration and user system access, based on industry-standard best practices.
- Create and maintain the enterprise's security architecture design.
- Create and maintain the enterprise's security awareness training program.
- Create and maintain the enterprise's security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
Acquisition & Deployment
- Define and communicate corporate plans, procedures, policies and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing and operating new security systems, equipment, software and other technologies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Lead and/or review the selection of additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise's existing procurement processes.
- Sign off on the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions, in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise's security documents, specifically.
- Act as advocate and primary liaison for the company's security vision via regular written and in-person communications with the company's executives, department heads and end users.
- Work closely with other IT Leaders on corporate technology development to fully secure information, computer, network and processing systems.
- Audit the administration of all computer security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems and anti-virus software.
- Audit the administration of the facility's security systems and their corresponding equipment or software, including fire alarms, locks, intruder detection systems, sprinkler systems and anti-theft measures.
- Monitor that facilities, premises and equipment adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recommend and implement changes in security policies and practices in accordance with changes in HIPPA, local or federal law.
- Creatively and independently provide resolution to security problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Assess and communicate any and all security risks associated with any and all purchases or practices performed by the company.
- Collaborate with IT leader, privacy officer and human resources to establish and maintain a system for ensuring that security and privacy policies are met.
- Promote and oversee strategic security relationships between internal resources and external entities, including government, vendors and partner organizations.
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies and prices. Advise, counsel and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance and financial impact.
- Monitor the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Manage the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents.
Other Satellite Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.