Main Function: Administers and directs the operation, maintenance and repair of all Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital facilities, grounds and equipment. As a servant-leader, creates a culture within the department focused on delivering integrated, high quality, customer-focused services in a cost effective manner, which meets or exceeds the expectations of all customers served. Develops and sustains an operations and maintenance program designed to ensure continued compliance with federal, state, local and accreditation agency requirements. Implements a comprehensive energy management strategy designed to ensure the comfort and safety of our patients, while conserving energy and maximizing utility dollars.
Plans and directs the actions of the department in a manner that enables Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital to fulfill its mission as well as achieve our strategic goals. Establishes high standards and holds staff accountable for performance; motivates staff to improve performance and instills in them a sense of ownership in their respective areas of responsibility. Creates and tracks measures that assess department performance and promotes continuous improvement.
Works closely with all departments to ensure that all work is scheduled and accomplished in a manner that least impacts patient care. Exercises leadership and management responsibility over all functions, delivering smooth running operations and financial performance. Supports capital and construction programs as one of Guthrie facilities subject matter experts. Oversees construction activities as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering field, from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Public Health, Organizational Management or related health field highly considered.
License: Certified Healthcare Facility Manager; affiliated with ASHE, NFPA and/or Certified Energy Manager, preferred.
- 10 year’s progressive facilities management experience; the five most recent years shall have been in a senior management level role, preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success in the operation and maintenance/repair of the buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Experience establishing energy management and control programs; that met or exceeded national standards.
- Experience in short/ long-range facilities planning, construction, major rehabilitation, and space utilization programs.
- Experience and successes in communicating and managing in a complex environment; experienced in a multi-facility, multi-campus, matrix organization.
Please apply at: www.guthrie.org/careers
Guthrie is an Equal Opportunity Employer