- Advanced understanding of health insurance and managed care issues, legislative and regulatory processes, and laws and regulations relating to health insurance and managed care is necessary, with a focus on commercial insurance market issues (including both individual and group markets).
- Demonstrates strong leadership in executing on key priorities and developing consensus-oriented positions and recommendations on key issues.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess political acumen.
- Ability to think critically and constructively.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to finalize products in a timely and accurate fashion.
- 5-8 years of experience working with the Federal government is required.
- 5 years of experience working with a Federal regulatory agency or Congress is preferred.
- 2 years of experience conducting research or analysis of legislative and regulatory proposals relating to health care insurance and managed care is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree in Public Policy is preferred.
Certification Requirements: None
Physical Work Activities & Conditions:
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 50% of the workday.
Percent of Travel:
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a protected veteran
Interested candidates must send resume, references and a cover letter that includes salary requirements to: email@example.com or mail to:
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
ATTN: HR Dept/RADD
601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
South Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004