The Quality Improvement Specialist will have the primary responsibility of coordinating key quality improvement (QI) activities and projects at a number of community health centers throughout the state of Virginia, focused on chronic conditions of hypertension and diabetes and screening for colorectal cancer. The position will report directly to the Director of Performance Measurement and Improvement and will provide supervision of select staff embedded in the community health center. This position will be based out of CCNV’s Henrico, Virginia office with required travel to community health centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in recruitment of health centers to participate in assigned QI projects/initiatives
• Coach and conduct performance assessments with organizations involved in clinical quality initiatives
• Assess the capacity and ability of each FQHC to use and extract data to enhance clinical decision supports, monitor clinical outcomes and provide feedback to practitioners on progress toward identified metrics
• Assist quality improvement team with incorporation of clinical decision support, clinician and patient alerts, provider assessments and feedback and integration of team based care within the FQHC
• Coordinate and conduct on-site assessments at FQHCs as part of data validation for projects associated with CCNV’s data warehouse (Center for Data Informatics – CDI)
• Assist in the planning, coordination, facilitation and evaluation of QI learning sessions, including curriculum, agenda, staff and content expert presenters.
• Arrange and facilitate monthly collaborative calls as required by project deliverables
• Arrange trainings/webinars and/or identify qualified trainers for key topics that support quality improvement
• Identify new partner opportunities to support delivery of services within CCNV and Virginia FQHCs, to include clinical community linkages
• Contribute to the development of expert knowledge on quality improvement frameworks
• Prioritize, anticipate and assess QI needs of FQHCs by identifying educational opportunities for improvement
• Provide technical assistance to FQHCs to meet reporting requirements within defined timeframes for assigned projects
• Work intensively with FQHC teams participating in assigned QI projects to refine delivery system and identify best practice concepts
• Identify teaching resources and techniques appropriate for assigned QI projects
• Coordinate collection, analysis and write up of evaluation of the project deliverables
• Conduct other duties as assigned to fulfill CCNV’s mission