Donor Alliance is hiring a Donor Services Manager in Denver! The Donor Services Manager is responsible for the donor evaluation and screening process. The Manager will work independently, and as a team member, in evaluating and documenting potential tissue donors, as well as, in developing and maintaining donor referral sources. This position will perform a minimum amount of screening and will remain available to assist the Tissue Donor Coordinators as necessary. This position is also responsible for maintaining and updating tissue screening training module systems, along with supervision, training, and performance evaluations for the Tissue Donor Coordinators. This position has responsibility for identification, coordination and completion of department specific projects as assigned.
The Schedule for the Donor Services Manager is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3pm-11pm, and Wednesday: 8am-4:30pm
- Provides supervision and oversight for Tissue Donor Coordinators, including, but not limited to, primary supervision, performance appraisals, training, and scheduling. Ultimate responsibility for the department resides with the Director of Tissue Bank Operations.
- Directs the workflow and utilizes staffing resources when necessary to assist in the timely completion of donor related activity.
- Manages relevant Tissue Donor Coordinator documentation and day-to-day activities (timesheets, expense reports, seminar and PTO requests, EDTs and scheduling).
- Facilitates regular and debriefing Tissue Donor Coordinator meetings.
- Implements, evaluates, and updates the Tissue Donor Coordinator training program/modules using established format as a template.
- Ensures ongoing clinical competence of the Tissue Donor Coordinator staff through a variety of methods including: ongoing education opportunities, case reviews, and other focused learning and training activities. Works with Director of Tissue Bank Operations, and the Director of Human Resources to maintain highest possible levels of skill and expertise throughout the department.
- Performs timely and accurate donor screening and coordination to provide coverage every day of the year to meet the mission of Donor Alliance and further the donation process within the community.
- Assists in the performance of the roles required of the referral development process in order to ensure the success of Donor Alliance’s recovery program and further donation awareness within the community. Responsibilities may include:
- identification and analysis of potential and existing donor referral sources
- strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of referral development strategies
- Implements, updates, and maintains departmental policies and procedures, including oversight of training program/modules using established format as a template.
- Assists the Director of Tissue Bank Operations in interacting cooperatively and effectively with Quality Systems to ensure monitoring of activities related to tissue services including: maintenance, documentation, and customer satisfaction. Also interacts with Quality Systems to ensure integration of standards, consistency, and quality throughout the organization and to maintain compliance with AATB, FDA and OSHA standards and regulations which may include the development and practice of policies and procedures.
- Works with the Director of Tissue Bank Operations to continue interactions and meetings with the Tissue Medical Director to define medical services, obtain input on protocol, observe, participate, and evaluate screening efforts.
- Works collaboratively with the Aftercare Coordinator to ensure appropriate communication regarding aftercare services to organ and tissue donor families.
- Actively participates with the Donor Family Tribute planning committee.
- Assists in the Aftercare efforts for donor families
- May perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.