Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree preferred.
Certification/Licensure: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) required, or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire. Employer assistance provided.
Experience: Two years of relevant credentialing experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the credentialing process.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and internet resources.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone:
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted. Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting sitting, with some lifting