The Director of Quality assumes responsibility and accountability for the hospital-wide Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement program. The DQM will assist the CEO/leadership and Medical Staff to establish priorities for Performance Improvement. He/she ensures that disciplines in the hospital work collaboratively to plan and implement Performance Improvement activities. The DQM will focus on measuring, analyzing and trending information in order to improve outcomes. He/she will assure ongoing monitoring of performance to ensure that improvements are sustained. The DQM will direct and assist in compliance with federal and state regulations and accreditation standards.
Registered Nurse or therapist with previous experience in a like role. Master's preferred.
· Current licensure in the State of Missouri.
· Certification preferred by NAHCQ (National Association of Health Care Quality).
· BSN or BS/BA required. Two years of experience in an acute hospital or rehabilitation setting required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
· Current Basic Life Support/CPR Card
· Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and evaluate PI activities; effective oral and written communication skills and proficiency in basic computer skills required.
· Working knowledge of staff development and the educational process, Quality improvement, and safety/risk management standards.
· Effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required.